SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] New User with a few questions.
- To: Graeme Nichols <GraemeNichols@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] New User with a few questions.
- From: Anand Kumria <wildfire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Oct 23 16:00:23 2000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2i
On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 01:22:48PM +1100, Graeme Nichols wrote:
> Hello Folks,
> Please bear with me if the questions I am about to ask appear to be a
> bit silly. I am completely new to Linux.
> I have just installed Red Hat Linux 6.1 onto a 10G HD.
[snip - partition description]
> game to try a format on D in case it may be the Linux partition. I don't
> know how to look at it under Linux. There appears to be no fdisk on my
> Linux system or the boot disk created during install so I cannot work
fdisk (and cfdisk) are usually installed in either /sbin or /usr/sbin.