Re: [SLUG] backup using rsync and file permission

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Ian Ward wrote:

> As administrator, you will need to keep UID/GID consistent between the
> two systems.

Okay this is the bit I want to know more about. What are the ways of doing
this? Copy the files over? What about shadow passwords? Is their a right
way to do it when you have a few machines and need to share files around
between them. What do people here do?

I have lots of accounts on one machine that supports dialin users but only
a few common ones on the others, I don't necessarily want them all on the
other machines.

/me notes to spend some time reviewing file permissions on the boxen.

Rodos