Re: aic7xxx.o (Re: [SLUG] One for the Kernel Guru's)

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 03:17:07PM +1100, Dean Hamstead wrote:
> Im running a nice dual p3 800 (gig ram, hardware raid......)
> and it persists in trying to load the aic7xxx.0 module,
> even now i have the raid driver inbuilt it still attempts
> to load...

The raid driver doesn't replace the scsii driver. I'm talking
from my limited experience, other raid cards might be different
I guess.

The raid array I setup has hard drives connected to 2 scsii cards,
the raid card is a seperate card. The scsii driver's loaded first,
then the raid driver.

/proc/pci and /proc/devices shows both scsii and raid devices.

Access to the logical drive, which in my case is 5 physical drives,
is through the raid device nodes, not the scsii ones.

Is this different to you system?

--
	chesty