SLUG Mailing List Archives
RE: [SLUG] Slow initial telnet.
- To: George Vieira <georgev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [SLUG] Slow initial telnet.
- From: tom burkart <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue Oct 17 15:12:23 2000
- Cc: "Sydney Linux Users Group in Sydney (E-mail)" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, George Vieira wrote:
> I removed the entry and it starts up real damn quick.. weird that it MUST
> resolve these addresses. Must find a way to ignore them..
Your real fix is in /etc/nsswitch.conf
Here you set several lines to "files [NOTFOUND=return]" - especially the
hosts (DNS lookup) line...
AUSSEC Phone: 61 4 1768 2202
339 Blaxland Rd., Ryde NSW 2112