SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Slow initial telnet.
- To: "Sydney Linux Users Group in Sydney (E-mail)" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Slow initial telnet.
- From: James Wilkinson <jamesw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue Oct 17 10:49:43 2000
- Reply-to: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.0.1i
On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, George Vieira generated:
>There is no /etc/resolv.conf as it's an isolated database server and has no
>connections to any other server..
How can you telnet to it if it has no connections?
>Is there a way to get the TCP wrapper or whatever it is that's trying to
>resolve these machines to ignore resolving and just allow the connection
telnet with the IP address instead of the machine name and it won't have
to resolve the name. Otherwise make sure your nameservers are listed
correctly in /etc/resolv.conf and they are working and accepting
connections from this database server.
No, I was looking for warez. The pornography was just a useful byproduct.
-- Dave Coote