[SLUG] Linux Dos emulators

I recently aquired a game that brings back memories from when I was a kid staying up late to get to try to finnish the game. The game is The Secret of Monkey Island.
Unfortunatly i cant seem to get it to work on my linux system. I installed Dosemu for linux. I run /usr/bin/dos but I cant seem to find monkey island installed on the linux system, i then tried /usr/bin/dosexec monkey.exe but it said:

kernel CPU speed is 133640867 Hz
Running on CPU=586, FPU=1
ERROR: DEXE file not found or not executable

can anyone give me any ideas as to how I can visit my childhood again and play monkey island on my linux system?

Very Much Appreciated

RunTimeError