SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] disk partitioning
- To: "SLUG List" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] disk partitioning
- From: "SydLnx" <sydlnx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Oct 16 12:01:17 2000
- Cc: "Alister Waller" <alister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: "SLUG List" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On 16 Oct 00, Alister Waller wrote: [SLUG] disk partitioning
> I have a Disk partioned rather poorly.
> I have more free space on the drive and have used cfdisk to partion
> this. How do I now mount this so that I can make use of this space?
> The disk basically only has / mounted (plus a swap and boot partion of
> course). (not done by me)
> I would ideally like to partition it up to be the usual like /home
> /usr /var /usr/local etc. Can this be done now or do I need to backup
> and then rebuild and restore data into the new partitions?
As usal with linux there is a HOW-TO covering this topic;
the howto covers the various setting that are necessary to preserve
permitions, in addtion to which it covers how to get a new
drive/partion to boot.