SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Re: Re: Launching X apps from procmail
- To: Sydney Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Re: Re: Launching X apps from procmail
- From: Jeff Waugh <jdub@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Oct 11 18:55:44 2000
- Cc: Jeff Waugh <jdub@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2.5i
begin Jeff Waugh quotation:
> Setting DISPLAY and XAUTHORITY in my .procmailrc doesn't seem to change
> anything, however.
> I think I'm in need of a swipe from the cluestick.
Indeed you are, jschlub.
I tailed my .procmailrc and found that I was passing bollocks parameters to
xmessage. The XAUTHORITY and DISPLAY variables set in .procmailrc did the
Now, all I have to do is install gmessage (not included with Helix Gnome it
seems) for the time being, write a new pop up thingy and prettify the emails
it pops up, and everything will be set up right. ;)
-- jdub@xxxxxxxxxxx ------------------------------- http://linux.conf.au/ --
Ye shall be cursed to fall in love so easily, and yet be so
cold of heart as never to express it.