Re: [SLUG] Re: Re: Launching X apps from procmail

begin  Jeff Waugh  quotation:

> Setting DISPLAY and XAUTHORITY in my .procmailrc doesn't seem to change
> anything, however.
>
> I think I'm in need of a swipe from the cluestick.

Indeed you are, jschlub.

I tailed my .procmailrc and found that I was passing bollocks parameters to
xmessage. The XAUTHORITY and DISPLAY variables set in .procmailrc did the
trick.

Now, all I have to do is install gmessage (not included with Helix Gnome it
seems) for the time being, write a new pop up thingy and prettify the emails
it pops up, and everything will be set up right. ;)

Thanks, Gus!

- Jeff

-- jdub@xxxxxxxxxxx ------------------------------- http://linux.conf.au/ --

        Ye shall be cursed to fall in love so easily, and yet be so
                     cold of heart as never to express it.