SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Launching X apps from procmail
- To: Sydney Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] Launching X apps from procmail
- From: Jeff Waugh <jdub@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Oct 11 17:05:22 2000
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2.5i
Another "but this worked before!" problem that's bugging me...
I used to pipe interesting emails and announcements into xmessage, but since
I moved to Debian, I haven't bothered setting any of that up again. With my
recent email configuration bash, I decided to. Found a problem tho. :(
Relevant bits of ~/.procmailrc:
MESSAGE=/opt/bin/xmessage -file -
* ^Subject: grobblefruit
Which should work, however, my procmaillog reports that whilst it tried to
start, it couldn't open the display. Gar! How does the procmail setup in
Debian and Red Hat differ for this to not work?
- Jeff (who won't be using this for SLUG mailing list bounces... 300
xmessages popping up is not fun!)
-- jdub@xxxxxxxxxxx ------------------------------- http://linux.conf.au/ --
Ye shall be cursed to fall in love so easily, and yet be so
cold of heart as never to express it.