Re: [SLUG] Re: Email problem

On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 08:39:42AM +1100, Alan L Tyree wrote:
> Thanks to all - I'll try the S2 register solution, but again,
> shouldn't the three + problem just knock it into command mode rather
> than hanging up?

The three plusses puts you into command mode, and once you're there the
ATH0 hangs up your modem.

As others have pointed out the correct sequence includes a "Guard Time(tm)"
on either side of the plusses - In order to get around the fact that
p/p/p is a fairly common string, many of the cheaper modems instead
look for p/p/p/AT, which is why three pluses doesnt kick you off, but it
does when followed by the ATH0.

  Scott.