Re: [SLUG] [SLIGHTLY OT] Machine Names

On Sat, 07 Oct 2000, Scott Howard generated:

>Something to keep in mind is that underscore (ie, _ ) is technically not
>a valid character in DNS, and thus should probably be avoided in hostnames.
>
>However, a dash - is valid, so  blue-midget is fine!

Actually, i've jsut checked, and because the machine is a) a useless NT
machine[1], and b) on a private network, i've actually left it out of the
DNS.  I also can't remember if it was an underscore or a hyphen
originally.

[1] Blue Migdet.  Blue Screen.  It was funny at the time.

--
No, I was looking for warez.  The pornography was just a useful byproduct.
		-- Dave Coote