SLUG Mailing List Archives
RE: [SLUG] DSL to DSL connections
- To: "George Vieira" <georgev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Colin Humphreys'" <sydneytest@xxxxxxxx>, "Alan Lee" <alanlee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [SLUG] DSL to DSL connections
- From: "David Kempe" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Oct 6 12:40:44 2000
- Cc: "Sydney Linux Users Group" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Fix that by using a free Dynamic DNS solution or with tricky programming,
> update a web site page with the IP addresses...
> I think Telstra are working on Static ADSL IP addresses or
> possibly have it
> and working on multiple IPs... not sure..
Telstra won't have static ips for adsl real soon.
Bigpond Direct is pretty crap about that.
I use dyndns to get around the static ip problem. it works sweetly.
get the ez-ipupdate client. it rocks.