SLUG Mailing List Archives
RE: [SLUG] DSL to DSL connections
- To: 'Colin Humphreys' <sydneytest@xxxxxxxx>, Alan Lee <alanlee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [SLUG] DSL to DSL connections
- From: George Vieira <georgev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Oct 6 12:20:53 2000
- Cc: Sydney Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Fix that by using a free Dynamic DNS solution or with tricky programming,
update a web site page with the IP addresses...
I think Telstra are working on Static ADSL IP addresses or possibly have it
and working on multiple IPs... not sure..
PGP Fingerprint : 43DC 92AC 1A82 27B2 E97B 52F1 B60F 301A 38A9 A10C
PGP KeyID: 0x38A9A10C
From: Colin Humphreys [mailto:sydneytest@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2000 12:08 PM
To: Alan Lee
Cc: Sydney Linux Users Group
Subject: Re: [SLUG] DSL to DSL connections
You may have trouble if both ends are dynamic ip, as the tunnel will have
trouble being defined...
Alan Lee wrote:
Hey there; Is it posiable to have 2 offices hooked up via ADSL, and do
VPN'ing and things like that.. what kinda things are required to do it?
Withing 2km? etc? Anyone know anything about this and how it can be done?
Regards, Alan Lee