Re: [SLUG] Make bttv produces kernel not configed for modules - how to fix

Terry Collins wrote:

> Can anyone remember the solution to the following?
>
> Attempting "make bttv" and the error message along the lines of the
> current kernel is not configed for loadable modules, blah, blah,
> blah..... and the error message is crap as the current kernel is loading
> a pile of modules.
>
> I know it has been discussed in the past, but I can not find it in the
> archive db.
>
> BTW - the answer is NOT to recompile the kernel.

Ting about this a bit further, can someone explain how make reaches this
conclusion (that the kernel will not load modules)?

This may give me an idea of what is causing the problem.

   email: terryc@xxxxxxxxxx  www: http://www.woa.com.au
       or terryc@xxxxxxxxxx
   snail:  PO Box 1047, Campbelltown, NSW 2560.