[SLUG] OT - PDF is more like paper than SGML !

Hi All,

OK this is OT but with the use of SGML that often crops up
here I though some of you might appreciate this gem that I
just read. It's in an article explaining why Australia is in
the forefront of Governments cutting redtape with PDF.

From:
http://www.adobe.com/epaper/features/govtandpdf/reviews.html

"Most reviewers see PDF as 'electronic paper,'" says the
FDA's Ken Edmunds. "A lot
 of the paper paradigm (page orientation) is preserved. This
is helpful in addressing the
 transition from paper review to electronic review. PDF
feels more like paper than, say,
 SGML or other structured document solutions."

Well that last sentence tells me something I never knew
before :-)
I wonder what they would think of LaTeX?

Mike
Michael Lake
University of Technology, Sydney
Email: mailto:Mike.Lake@xxxxxxxxxx Ph: 02 9514 1724 Fx: 02
9514 1628
Linux enthusiast, active caver and interested in anything
technical.