Re: [SLUG] disk duplication

If it is IDENTICAL then yes, otherwise set up the partitions on the target disk, mount them and use cpio to copy the files across, then install lilo and that should be it.

I would suggest however that you be booted from a floppy and not have /dev/hda mounted so you don't get anything writing while you are copying.

I have used ghost (www.ghost.com) to do some duplicating too - although lately I've been having big problems trying to ghost a Win98 box - windows seems to complain when I boot the target disk - otherwise it works well and 'supports' Linux.

Matt