Re: [SLUG] Mozilla

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Michael Lake wrote:

> I used the Mozila with Deb 2.2 on Alpha. Its the only app
> that ever slowed down my Alpha!
> Big, crashes, now removed till it is much much better.
> Downloaded M17 and its still as bad.
> Maybe very different situation on the Intel perhaps.

My experience with Mozilla (a few version ago): abysmal.

Maybe us open source zealots should eat a bit of humble pie
and admit that the Cathedral model (for example MS/IE
or Netscape) does work better than the Bazaar in some cases.

Let's see, Mozilla have been at it how long? 2 1/2 years?
MS managed to usurp the entire browser market in the same time :(
Their browser is world class and supports all the W3C (or should
I say MS) standards.

Apologies for the heretical sound to the above ... it's intended
simply as a reality check. Sometimes the truth hurts.

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services