SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Re: packages and run levels
- To: Sydney Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Re: packages and run levels
- From: Ken Yap <ken@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat Sep 23 11:15:33 2000
- Reply-to: ken@xxxxxxxxxx (Ken Yap)
>what "start" and "stop" ?
respawn, once, wait, boot, ondemand, etc. etc
>further, standardising the runlevels *reduces* the scope for a
I don't see that standardising runlevels reduces your choice. There is
nothing to say you can't use the runlevels 7-9 for private sets. If you
run out of those, conceptually there is no difficulty in extending init
to handle any number of runlevels, and if there is demand, it should be,
after all Linux doesn't have to be bound to tradition. All that is being
suggested is that the ones being used now be standardised.