SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Free Domain Services ?
- To: Jason Rennie <jwrennie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Free Domain Services ?
- From: Anand Kumria <wildfire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue Sep 19 19:13:56 2000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2i
On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 07:18:01PM +1100, Jason Rennie wrote:
> > What response is sent when you haven't registered with them? If NXDOMAIN
> > then you probably lost email. If nothing (or a non-routable IP address)
> > then you are probably okay.
> You would get the wrong ip address, which would probably result in a
> connection refused.
If that is the case the server attempting to deliver would try again.
> So do you think i would have lost mail ?
Only if the machine that had that IP address registered accepted email
and then proceed to issue 5xx codes to mail deliveries. So the answer
is yes but it isn't likely.