RE: [SLUG] Sendmail quirks

The way I test it I usually use nslookup.
So if the email is going to balhuser@xxxxxxx I try the following

[georgev@citadelserver georgev]$nslookup
Default Server:  dns.blahblah.com
Address:  203.x.x.x

> set type=mx
> foo.com
Server:  dns1.blahblah.com
Address:  203.x.x.x

foo.com
        origin = ns.okdirect.com
        mail addr = namemaster.okdirect.com
        serial = 1
        refresh = 10800 (3H)
        retry   = 3600 (1H)
        expire  = 604800 (1W)
        minimum ttl = 86400 (1D)

If this fails then there's your problem. I also had some weird problems when
/etc/resolv.conf had permissions of 700 and for tests I changed it to 744
and it worked OK and services like squid and others started to work again.
Sendmail might be having this problem too.??..??..??

thanks,
George Vieira
Network Administrator
http://www.citadelcomputer.com.au
PGP Fingerprint :	43DC 92AC 1A82 27B2 E97B  52F1 B60F 301A 38A9
A10C