[SLUG] Goodbye to Slug.. as well

As someone who is not really a newbie but still has a lot to learn I'll just add my two
cents worth.

the answer is not about new lists or any other solution. It's about one simple protocol

'Respect'

when I first started using Linux this list was my best friend. I asked lots of 'foolish'
(to coin a recent phrase) questions and was never flamed once and always got great
advice.

In my estimation this started to change about 6 months and has rapidly disintegrated the
quality of the list.

I remember a similar  flame a few months ago to a newbie question. I replied to the
flamer 'privately' and on his part there was no remorse for his actions. His
correspondence was something like ... why should i apologise for my knowledge when we
have to tolerate idiots like this.

Says it all really, doesn't it?

So ultimately this recent episode has made a decision I've been tossing around a simple
one to make. I too am saying goodbye to this list and taking my 'foolish' questions
elsewhere. Somewhere where the members of the list aren't as arrogant and conceited as
the ones who have destroyed this once excellent source.

ciao

Grant
Linux Enthusiast and proud to help anyone  I can, regardless of how 'foolish' the
question may be.