Re: [SLUG] More Anti-Linux Olympic madness!

As an Aussie who likes to see anything done well.. I find it pretty
offensive too. What is wrong with this country is that we don't yet
realise we can do things as well as any place in the world - whether it's
opening ceremonies, building great sporting facilities or writing
software. Why oh why am i using a computer designed in the USA and built
in Singapore??? Time we woke up to our possibilities in this country.
Maybe the Olympics are the chance to prove Aussies can do things BETTER
than any where else in the world, instead of being world champion
knockers!!

On Sun, 17 Sep 2000, Howard Lowndes wrote:

> David, as the father of an Olympic athelete, and one who is very aware of
> the sacrifices that my son has made to get where he is, I find your remark
> to be most offensive.
>
> --
> Howard.
>
> > Olympics != important.
> >
> > It saddens me enormously when otherwise intelligent people like Sluggers are sucked
> > into enthusiasm for this idiotic global parasite infesting Sydney at the
> > moment.
> >
> > Please, somebody, just make it go away.

David (a different david)