Re: [SLUG] linux jobs ##

Well, I started to use Linux because windows sucks. The job
aspect was something that came later. in my first job (yes, I'm
on my second *ever* full time job ;-) ) i bunged a debian box in
to runs as our mailserver, with the expectation of pulling it a
few weeks later for a novel based solution. To the best of my
knowledge, it's still sat there quite happily after a year or
so. My real job was a dba, but when the DB in question is
Access, you get bored *VERY*very* quickly...
So after, 9 months of utter hell and tedium there, I moved to
this job as a SysAdmin, running a mix of NT<shudder/>, Linux,
and Solaris.
So yes, the potential is definitely there for people to get
decent admin jobs if they are prepared to learn at home...
by the way, i'm 21, i dropped out of uni at the end of my second
year, etc etc... ;-)
cheers
Thom
At some point around Sat, Sep 09, 2000 at 02:27:42AM -0400, Minh Van spaketh thusly: