Re: [SLUG] UPSs and linux in general

On Fri, 08 Sep 2000, John Wiltshire generated:

>any other box on the UPS which needs it.  I'm assuming the same would work
>for Linux although it would probably be a lot easier to set up (given the
>relative difficulty of scripting on NT compared to Linux.

Yeah, very f'n easy.  genpowerd is the name of the daemon we use, and it
has the option (iirc) to notify the genpowerd on other hosts.  I'm not
sure about the security implications of the remote shutdown commands,
i've never set them up myself, but it is possible and looks relatively
easy.

--
jamesw

"I have frog fear."
		-- Willow Rosenberg, Buffy the Vampire Slayer
jamesw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx