Re: [SLUG] RFC: Slug and Announce Lists

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 08:08:13AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > Jeff Waugh wrote:
> >
> > There's been a bit of discussion between the committee as to how we should
> > handle announcements on the Slug list, and the Announcements list.
>

> Well, there's been an overwhelming response for option 3: "Simplify the
> question." 8) And here I am trying to give both sides the benefit of being
> heard... ;)
>
> 1) Announcements only go to announce@xxxxxxxxxxx, subscribe to it if you
> want to hear them at all.

Option 1. That way you can easily send announcements to your pager or
something. Just using the announcement list only will mean that it'll
become more effective.

Didn't hear about the installfest? Subscribed to announce? Bzzt.

As to newbies: they typically only want announcements. Once they feel ready
to become more active in the community the slug@slug list always waiting.

Anand