SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Sawmill keeps logging out after periods of inactivity
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Sawmill keeps logging out after periods of inactivity
- From: Jeff Waugh <jdub@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Sep 4 20:58:07 2000
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2.5i
> James Wilkinson wrote:
> I'm using debian woody with the helix gnome.. er.. the latest lot via
> the apt-repository at mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/helixcode, with sawfish
> as my wm.
Disturbingly similar to my machine.
> If i leave my box for a few hours while logged in (via gdm), i come back
> to the machine and find myself back at the gdm login screen.
Not very similar at all... ;)
* First off - and I'm sure you've done this - check to see if your machine
isn't rebooting out of the blue.
Doubtful, but worth checking... I always forget to check those sorts of
problems first (like when things go weird and there happens to be no
space left on my drive... duh!)
* Read ~/.xsession-errors to see if anything strange is going on (like X
* Is xscreensaver running? Try disabling it to see if that's the culprit.
* Tell us when you find out. :)
> [looks at helix guru Jeff ;) ]
I'm just getting as much experience with it as I can so I can start slipping
in GNOME machines everywhere I work. GNOME 1.4/2.0 promises a much better
desktop environment both from the user and administrator's perspectives than
the Other OS.
I'm seriously wondering if I should start buying up X terminals too... ;)
-- jdub@xxxxxxxxxxx ------------------------------- http://linux.conf.au/ --
Ye shall be cursed to fall in love so easily, and yet be so
cold of heart as never to express it.