SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] CHAP
- To: Darren Noonan <dazza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] CHAP
- From: DaZZa <dazza@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Sep 1 21:50:51 2000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Darren Noonan wrote:
> I need to setup a RH6.2 machine as a backup ISDN router.
> It dial's and connect's ok but CHAP won't work.
> If I dial via minicom and then switch over to the command line, I can force CHAP, and everything is OK.
> I have tried everything I can think of but it won't use CHAP via a script.
> I running RH6.2 and a Telstra 3com ISDN TA.
1) What does your script look like?
2) What does /etc/ppp/chap-secrets look like?
3) Chat does /etc/ppp/options look like?
Can't do much diagnosis on what you've given here. Feel free to remove
usernames and passwords, of course.