SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] OT NT on train timetable screens vs indicator boards
- To: Michael Lake <Mike.Lake@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] OT NT on train timetable screens vs indicator boards
- From: DaZZa <dazza@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Sep 1 21:27:54 2000
- Cc: "'slug@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Sat, 2 Sep 2000, Michael Lake wrote:
> > >> I seem to recall some statistic that most ATMs actually run OS/2.
> > Ok, so we know the NCR ones run Unix. I've been told the IBM ones run OS/2
> > (unverified). Anyone know any others?
> NCR cash registers run SCO Unix. (from the SCO distributor)
Not necessarily - and ONLY if the vendor requests it.
All NCR products run NCR Unix - which, while BASED on SCO, has had major
in-house changes made - unless otherwise requested.