Re: [SLUG] OT NT on train timetable screens vs indicator boards

On Fri, 01 Sep 2000, John Wiltshire generated:

>I'm pretty sure they have a sensor which can tell if you've actually taken
>the money or not.  You'll find most banks are hideously paranoid when it
>comes to dispensing money and the logs in the ATM will record (in a
>non-writeback-cached manner) that the user didn't take the money before the
>system failed.

This is true, I've had ATMs show me my money, then snap it back because
I was too slow in removing it.  A call to the bank gets your money back.

--
jamesw

"We're like sisters... with really different hair!"
		-- Cordelia Chase, Buffy the Vampire Slayer
jamesw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx