SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Re: perl substitution of metacharacter
- To: Russell Davies <russell.davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Re: perl substitution of metacharacter
- From: Conrad Parker <conradp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Aug 28 16:48:03 2000
- Cc: gusl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2i
On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 03:32:40PM +1100, Russell Davies wrote:
> ; you have to end up doing evilness like:
> ; sed "s/`echo -ne '\000'`//g"
> ; which just gets annoying after a while..
> certainly more annoying than using a more appropriate tool.
please suggest a more appropriate stream editor ?