Re: [SLUG] vgetty add-ons/voice menus.

G'day

I can't really help you, but thought I'd mention a project I've been thinking about.

Basically at the moment I use netsaint which pages me when things go wrong.

You could then react by calling an IVR type machine, and and after entering a password, and maybe checking callerid as well, have a menu from which you could issue commands, like "Which machine would you like to reboot?", "Where would you like to ping?", "Where would you like to go today?" etc.

Obviously your commands are quite limited, but I know in my case when there is a problem, the fix is usually always the same and straightforward, namely reboot the Terminal Adapter.

Also we use an APC masterswitch which is a kewl device for remotely (telnet, http, etc) rebooting comms equipment in case anyone was wondering :)

Brock Henry