Re: [SLUG] Debian Newbie Update :-)

On Wed, Aug 16, 2000 at 11:20:00PM +1000, Dan Treacy uttered:

> I'll have to
> investigate this apt that everyone seems to be talking about.. It does exist
> on 2.1 doesn't it?? :-)

Not a whole lot of point running Debian without it 8)

Yes it does exist on 2.1.  Set your /etc/apt/sources.list (I think it
may have been /etc/apt.sources in 2.1) and away you go.  Do apt
dist-upgrade first.

I'd upgrade to 2.2 before trying to get X going if I were you.

--
Rev Simon Rumble        It seemed the world was divided into good
simon@xxxxxxxxxx        and bad people.  The good ones slept better