SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: ADSL is not a direct connection to *The*Internet* (Was: ADSL rant (was: Re: [SLUG] Telstra Cable Anouncement))
- To: Jason Rennie <jwrennie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: ADSL is not a direct connection to *The*Internet* (Was: ADSL rant (was: Re: [SLUG] Telstra Cable Anouncement))
- From: Steve Kowalik <stevenk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue Aug 8 18:01:05 2000
- Cc: DaZZa <dazza@xxxxxxxxxx>, Roland Turner <raz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
ihug is trialing ADSL as well, so there is a choice coming.
"First, it's done on UNIX, then done on Windows. It's always the way..."
On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, Jason Rennie wrote:
> > By the way, assuming I'll be connecting to Telstra for ADSL is pretty dumb
> > - because I may not. There _are_ other options, despite your obvious
> > ignorance of them.
> Just on this note when i talked to the telstra guy about getting on the
> adsl trial they said that there would/should be other ADSL carriers
> starting up, so there will be choice
> GnuPG Key 2450EEDC Jason Rennie<jwrennie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Key fingerprint = 1A2B 5E34 B45A 2871 A488 99C7 7579 5FFC 2450 EEDC
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> More Info: http://slug.org.au/lists/listinfo/slug