SLUG Mailing List Archives
RE: ADSL rant (was: Re: [SLUG] Telstra Cable Anouncement)
- To: John Wiltshire <jw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: ADSL rant (was: Re: [SLUG] Telstra Cable Anouncement)
- From: Jason Rennie <jwrennie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue Aug 8 13:01:07 2000
- Cc: "'slug@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> the network itself (as the problem with Big Pond at the moment is) then ADSL
> will give no better performance than cable. It's like saying it is better
> to buy a switch over a hub for your internal network to improve the speed on
> your dial up link.
Telstra's ADSL service runs really well. I'm on the trial and have had no
problems. It runs up to about 900Kbit a second (based on 12 12K/byte a
second gozilla downloads running at once, and the speed was constant),
from US sites.
I havbe friends on bigpond cable and they dont complain about the service.
So i'm not sure what all fo the griping is about, bigpond advance runs
GnuPG Key 2450EEDC Jason Rennie<jwrennie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Key fingerprint = 1A2B 5E34 B45A 2871 A488 99C7 7579 5FFC 2450 EEDC