SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Mandrake 7.12 and Yamaha 4260 CDRW (SCSI)
- To: Bill <billb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bill <billb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Mandrake 7.12 and Yamaha 4260 CDRW (SCSI)
- From: Jim Clark <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Jul 31 15:10:09 2000
- Reply-to: clarkj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Bill wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> Just installed (on 3rd attempt)Mandrake 7.12 (Linux Central 2 cd set), and
> the only real problem I have is that the system keeps trying to access my
> CDRW even though there's no CD in it.
> Setup devs and mountpoints exactly the same as RedHat 6.2 (on same system),
> and have no problems with RedHat.
mandrake has added a little something to their kernel - called supermount
> ensured that "Automount" was removed from system, so unless its left
> somethin in a config file somewhere I can't figure out why the system keeps
> trying to access the CDRW.
> Any advice appreciated
try 'supermount disable'