SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] lpr with JetDirect (solution)
- To: Jeffrey Borg <jeffrey@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] lpr with JetDirect (solution)
- From: Anand Kumria <wildfire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Jul 28 09:57:47 2000
- Cc: Richard Ames <richard@xxxxxxxxxx>, Sydney Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2i
On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 08:06:37AM +1000, Jeffrey Borg wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Richard Ames wrote:
> > Ken was right on target.... RedHat suggests LPRng and apparently have it in
> > Rawhide. See: http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=14691
> Don't rip the binary rpm out of rawhide btw!
> because it's based on glibc 2.2 and won't work with glibc 2.1, Get the
> source rpm for it and recompile it, That should work for you.
Is this true? I thought incompatibilities at the libc level were supposed
to warrant a major number increase.
at I understand it the incompatiblities between 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2 are not
at an interface level but in different implementations and other programs
(unreasonable) expectations of specific side-effects.