SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] To learn, to troll, to participate?
- To: Jon Biddell <jon@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] To learn, to troll, to participate?
- From: "Andrew Reilly" <areilly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Jul 27 22:05:46 2000
- Cc: Dave Fitch <davidf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2i
On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 09:36:39PM +1000, Jon Biddell wrote:
> P.S. I got an invite from M$ today to attend a bullshit-session at Fox
> Studios next month to hear Bill Himself speak on MSN/2 (microsoft.net,
> their answer to Internet/2 !!)..... I hope Anthony has some of those cool
> Linux T-Shirts left.....:-)
I thought Internet/2 was IPv6 on an ATM or SONET backbone (i.e.,
quality-of-service, security and address expansion over a high-speed,
low latency purpose built backbone), and microsoft.net was ActiveX/DCOM
encapsulated in HTTP/XML over IPv4, so that your firewalls become
Not the same thing at all, so not much of an answer.
Have I misinterpreted?