SLUG Mailing List Archives
RE: [SLUG] ip Accounting
- To: "Herbert Xu" <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [SLUG] ip Accounting
- From: "Dave Kempe" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Jul 27 21:09:51 2000
- Cc: "Slug@Slug. Org. Au" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> David Kempe <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Has any one got IP accounting working with IP Chains?
> > I've been reading HOWTOs on ipchains and masqerading etc but can't find
> > anything but a passing reference.
> > Anyone got it working? used it? care?
> What exactly do you want to do with it?
For linux boxes that serve as masquerading gateways, it would be handy to
determine what ips that are being masqueraded, are getting what amount of
traffic. So you can tell, roughly, how much web surfing Joe in accounts is
doing or who is chewing into your valuable bandwidth.