Re: [SLUG] Useful tool...

On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 11:08:19AM +1000, DaZZa (dazza@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> For those who are unfortunate enough to have to admin NT machines.

I belong to this group, sadly; I probably get a grey hair a day
cause of this %^$&$%&%#$%#$&^%&^*&)&*^&^$##@%$.

.... and probably the reason why I sometimes get a little more harsh
when suggestion things we should do with respect to windoooooooooooze boxes.

> http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
>
> A utility boot disk {Linux, of course!} which allows you to offline
> edit/change NT passwords and registry keys.
>
> Apparently works on everything except Active Directory - servers,
> workstations, 3.51, 4.0 and 2000 workstations and stand alone servers -
> also PDC's for 3.51 and 4.0
>
> It's just gone into my toolbox of "must have floppies".

You got to make sure you get the version which has the SYSKEY implementation.
If you get the wrong version and you implemented SYSKEY security to REALLY stuffed
up your registry!!!

Jobst

--
Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?

|            __, Jobst Schmalenbach, jobst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Technical Director|
|  _ _.--'-n_/   Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L      |
|-(_)------(_)=  +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162, Australia|