SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Troubles with Mandrake 7.1
- To: Howard Lowndes <lannet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Troubles with Mandrake 7.1
- From: Ken Yap <ken@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Jul 26 14:47:04 2000
- Cc: Sydney Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: ken@xxxxxxxxxx (Ken Yap)
>Checked in the config.log file as suggested and it basically said that it
>couldn't find egcs.
>Knowing that it is there cos I just installed it, I then discover that it
>is named /usr/cin/compat-egcs, so I symlinked it as /usr/bin/egcs.
What does rpm -ql egcs tell you? On my RH system here it returns, among
Or it needs some additional package to provide the C++ functionality?
The system can't know that g++ must be installed too because you might
just want to compile C.
Then again, some dim memory tells me this was reported as a Mandrake