SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Specify which processes run on which processor
- To: David Kempe <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Specify which processes run on which processor
- From: Anand Kumria <wildfire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Jul 21 14:53:11 2000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 10:18:13AM +1000, David Kempe wrote:
> Sorry to put a dampner on the whole thing, but does anyone have any more
> ideas on the original problem?
Process affinity things are in the 2.4 kernel; they include interrupt
affinity, slab affinity, etc.
Basically Linux will keep processes (and they VM lines) on the same
processor whenever possible. There is a way to set the processor
you run on (or so I hear), but I don't know it.