Re: [SLUG] Pasive mode ftp (ipchains alternative?)

> Peter Rundle wrote: Sluggers,
>
> "ls" or "put" or "get" cause of the masquerade. Obvious solution is
> passive mode ftp, but when I was stuffing around with ppTp there was a
> suggestion that you could get ipchains to map the port back through
> (though only one box hiding behind the masq can use ftp at a time but hey
> I could live with that).

Have you tried the ip_masq_ftp module? I used it on my gateway, and ftp was
smooth as a baby's bottom. Only slow, which babies bottoms don't tend to be.

- Jeff

-- jdub@xxxxxxxxxxx ----------------------------- http://www.slug.org.au/ --

              linux.conf.au - coming to Sydney in January 2001

      Installing Linux Around Australia - http://linux.org.au/installfest/