Re: [SLUG] Linux + Cable Internet ?

*Andrew wonders quite seriously if a digest is mentioned on the mailing
list page on the SLUG website*

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, Mighty Dragon wrote:

> I am about to get the cable internet, wonder if Linux ( redhat ) would
> support the Cable,

Yes.

> I will run a Linux web server at home,

No you won't, not on Optus, or if you have an unlimited account with
Telstra.

> spoken to guys at Telstra and Optus, could not get any confirmed
> information.

They will not help you to get it installed, and require you to have
Windows on the/a machine for the installation.

> Cable installation comes with either an external USB or internal card,
> my understanding is that redhat does not seem to support USB.  Any
> suggestion out there ? Please help. Much appreciated.

Linux supports USB, upgrade your distribution if your current version
doesn't support it.

I'd probably go with the NIC as opposed to the USB adapter though.

Andrew.

--
If you are still using my old e-mail addresses, andypoo@xxxxxxxxxx
or andypoo@xxxxxxxxxxx, you should change to andypoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx