SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Re: Perl Q
- To: Russell Davies <russell.davies@xxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Re: Perl Q
- From: Rick Welykochy <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Jul 12 19:46:27 2000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Organization: Praxis Services Pty Limited
Russell Davies wrote:
> ; apparently not. from perlref(1p):
> ; Note that taking a reference to an enumerated list is
> ; not the same as using square brackets--instead it's
> ; the same as creating a list of references!
> ; @list = (\$a, \@b, \%c);
> ; @list = \($a, @b, %c); # same thing!
> ; (i thought the same as you too)
> you dared doubt me?! infidels! ;)
That's quite K3W1! !\() is distributive!
Thanks, Russell. You've demonstrated perl's real power.
I had assumed the obvious
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services Pty Limited