Re: [SLUG] Re: Wht the Old Junk in New *nix?

Angus Lees wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 11:46:44AM +1000, Matthew Dalton wrote:
> > You start up a shell in an emacs window and then try to run vi in that
> > shell (no flames about running vi under emacs, please :) but it wont
> > start because it doesn't understand the 'emacs' terminal type.
>
> that's a bug with your emacs install then.. try reading the docs for
> term (or whatever it uses), the emacs term config might exist on your
> drive but isn't installed in a transparent manner.

It's XEmacs if that makes any difference. I don't know about any emacs
term config... I'll have to do some investigating.

The distro is Debian potato and the XEmacs install is as apt-get left it
after installation.

> if you find any debian programs that don't conform to the "debian
> keyboard policy" then please register a bug against it. other
> distributions hopefully have something similar.

It's here if anyone is interested:
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch3.html#s3.8

I wasn't aware of this before. I might have to submit a bug against less
then.

Matthew