SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Re: [SLUG]partitioning with linux ##
- To: Minh Van <mle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Re: [SLUG]partitioning with linux ##
- From: Heracles <heracles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue Jul 11 11:03:46 2000
- Cc: Ricky C <rceng@xxxxxxxxxxx>, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
Minh Van wrote:
> > >linux can't handle more than 4 primary partitions eh ? it tells me i'm
> > hmm, its more a BIOS limitation than Linux.... anyway, just make sure
> > 1) /boot is on the first primary partition
> > 2) create an extended partition
> > 3) put all your logical drives in this partition
> > 4) don't forget the swap
> yeah i figured.
> what i'm trying to do is boot os/2 warp 4, dos/win95, nt, beos, minix &
> linux off the primary master.
> for two things that make my life difficult - os/2 says my partition table
> is incorrect or corrupt, and NT has a hard time figuring fat32.
Use GAG as your boot manager. It can handle all of the operating systems
Stay well and happy