Re: [chat] Email list

Hi Ken

Mailman is a pretty easy way of running lists (like this one).

It has settings such as only allowing posts from list members, which cuts out the majority of spam.  You can set it to automatically discard non-member postings or hold them for moderator approval.

You can also have separate moderator and administrator passwords.

You can remove the automatic footer if you don't want it.

Mailman is very easy to setup if you are running Exim, and not too hard with other MTA's.

Kind Regards

Andrew Perry
Director - Legal & Technology

Our ref:

P  1300 353 284
M  0413 045 300
F  04 3310 8094

legal.consult pty ltd
ABN 84 002 413 078
www.legalconsult.com.au

Sydney
Level 31
ABN AMRO Tower
88 Phillip Street
SYDNEY  NSW  2000

Crows Nest
Level 9
28 Clarke Street
CROWS NEST   NSW  2065

Postal Address
PO Box 7929
BAULKHAM HILLS BC  NSW  1755

This e-mail may be confidential and/or privileged. Only the intended recipient may access or use it. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and delete this e-mail.  We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or similar malicious content in any e-mail.  Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.

Ken Foskey wrote:
I want to set up an email list for our district scouts.

What is the simplest way to do this without spam and extra crap on
emails.   Fully moderated would be good I can get multiple moderators.