[chat] Re: Cisco 827 config (replacing DLink DSL300+)

John Clarke <johnc@xxxxxxxxxxx> uttered the following thing:
> Hi all,
> I need some help configuring a Cisco 827.  I'm currently using a DLink
> DSL300+ ADSL modem and would like to configure the 827 as a drop-in
> replacement.

As far as I know, a Cisco 827 can only do half-bridge if the
DSLAM/NRP/RAS supports PPPoE. For PPPoA, the best you can do is
nat default inside server.

This my config. The internal box gets a 192.168 address, and I don't
have any problems with this setup. Some qus and ipv6 is thrown in also.

class-map match-all udp
  match access-group 151
class-map match-any diffserv
  match  dscp ef
  match  dscp af31
  match  dscp af11
class-map match-any highprio
  match class-map udp
  match class-map diffserv
  match class-map tcpack
class-map match-all bulk
  match access-group 152
policy-map policy
  class highprio
   priority 84
  class bulk
   bandwidth 192
ip dhcp excluded-address
ip dhcp pool cactii
   domain-name cactii.net
ipv6 unicast-routing
interface Ethernet0
 ip address
 ip nat inside
 ipv6 address 2001:388:C021::2/64
 ipv6 enable
 ipv6 nd prefix 2001:388:C021::/48
 hold-queue 100 out
interface ATM0
 no ip address
 no atm ilmi-keepalive
 dsl operating-mode auto
interface ATM0.3 point-to-point
 description 1500/256k ADSL
 pvc 8/35
  ubr 256
  encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer
  dialer pool-member 1
interface Dialer1
 bandwidth 240000
 ip address negotiated
 ip nat outside
 encapsulation ppp
 dialer pool 1
 dialer-group 1
 ppp chap hostname <blah>
 ppp chap password <blah>
 service-policy output policy
! Add more of these lines below for inbound port forwarding
! Or use the nat default inside server feature, see
! http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122t/122t13/ftnatis.htm
ip nat inside source static tcp 80 interface Dialer1 80
ip nat inside source static tcp 25 interface Dialer1 25
ip nat inside source static tcp 22 interface Dialer1 22
ip classless
ip route Dialer1
access-list 101 permit ip any
access-list 151 permit udp any any
access-list 151 permit icmp any any
access-list 151 deny ip any any
access-list 152 permit tcp any any established
access-list 152 deny  ip any any
dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit