SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [chat] Linux: A European threat to our computers (by Tristan)
- To: slug-chat@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [chat] Linux: A European threat to our computers (by Tristan)
- From: Michael Lake <Mike.Lake@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 12:21:32 +1000
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 (Windows/20041206)
Matthew Hannigan wrote:
Actually I found some parts quite funny:
It's hillarious :-)
You'd have to admit it's one of the most successful trolls
based on the number of links and apparently genuine outrage
expended on it.
Reading the above I came across this comment about the article:
"Somewhere in the American midwest there is a man with a sense of humour so subtle
that he could write a "serious" comparison of the latest version of Windows with an 8
year-old release of RH Linux. That man is Tristan, and he is living proof that at
least one US citizen gets the point of irony.
Best laugh I've had in ages!"
I think that poster got it right. Tristan is laughing all the way at the comments to
his articles :-) It is a joke. I for one will be reading more.
Science Faculty, UTS
Ph: 9514 8232 Fx: 9514 1460