Re: [chat] ot: Office Suites for doze as replacement for MSO, feedback sought

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004, Voytek wrote:
> what else is there worth considering ?

There's KOffice and GNOME Office (abiword, gnumeric et al). I haven't
had a huge amount of experience with GNOME Office, and none at all with
KOffice. I like the interface of GNOME office apps better than
OpenOffice, but my impression of them is that they're less powerful than
OpenOffice and have less good MS Office compatibility.

It really depends on what you mean by "replacement" -- ie what features
are you looking for? Probably worth a test run at least.

KOffice: http://www.koffice.org/
GNOME Office (meta-project): http://www.gnome.org/gnome-office/

-Mary